Preparation time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (5-6 persons):
150 g of Hacendado Natural Cream Cheese
½ liter of milk
150 g sugar
1 jelly leaf
Steps to follow:
- Boil the milk in a saucepan.
- Put the jelly leaf in cold water to hydrate.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar in a bowl without whisking much so that the mixture does not lose color.
- When the milk is hot add it to the bowl and mix well together with the well drained jelly sheet. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and bring to the fire. Leave it on the fire until the cream begins to remain in the spoon somewhat thick. It is very important that the cream does NOT boil because it would be cut.
- When ready, remove from heat, add the Hacendado Natural Cream Cheese and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cold put it in the freezer and every 10 minutes or so take it out to move the ice cream with a spoon so that ice crystals do not form on the surface, so until it has the texture of an ice cream.
This method is the traditional one of how ice creams were made before, but if you have a refrigerator or sorbet maker put the final mixture in it and then in the freezer.
You could also add pieces of fruit (strawberry, banana, green apple, currants …) but you would have to add some more jelly, since the fruit has water and would not be so creamy.